Herb Grilled Shrimp Recipe
We still have a lot of summer left, so I thought I would share a great shrimp recipe which is sure to be a party favorite. My friend Chef Peter Setterington showed me his technique using egg yolk to create an emulsified, thick marinade that really clings to the shrimp.
Whether you decide to serve them hot off the grill or prepare them in advance for a later party, this recipe is fast and easy to produce. If using frozen shrimp, be sure to thaw them completely and drain off as much excess moisture as possible.
These herb grilled shrimp are certain to be a hit at your next party.
- 1 lb. Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined - 21/25 count
- 2 large Egg Yolks, beaten to blend
- 3 Tbs. Basil, fresh, chopped
- 3 Tbs. Oregano, fresh, chopped
- 2 Tbs. Garlic, fresh, minced
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 Tbs. Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine egg yolks, basil, oregano, garlic, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine thoroughly.
- While whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil to create an emulsion.
- Marinate shrimp for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high setting.
- Once hot, place shrimp directly on grill or in a grill basket.
- Cook, turning once halfway through (about 5 minutes total).
- Serve immediately or chill completely and reserve for later.