Grilled Peaches with Bourbon Vanilla Glaze
One of the better things about summer is certainly peaches. Last week, I picked up some excellent free stone peaches at the store for a grilling class. We whipped up a simple glaze and grilled them for dessert. They were such a huge hit with the crowd, I thought I would share the recipe with you.
For reasons I will NEVER understand, some people have an aversion to bourbon, so if you are one of them, you could leave it out. Keep in mind, there is about the same amount of alcohol in the vanilla extract.
Select peaches a bit firmer than you would eat out of hand, as they will soften when grilled.
- 6 Tbs Butter, melted (3/4 stick)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 2-3 oz bourbon (to taste)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 large peaches, halved and pitted
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- In a medium sauce pan, combine butter, honey, vanilla, bourbon and cinnamon over a medium heat until bubbly.
- Preheat grill to high. Grill peaches, flesh size down until tender. Brush peach halves with glaze.
- Place peach halves in a bowl and top with a scoop of ice cream.
Photo credit: Mike McCune (CC BY 2.0)